Job Title: Data Analytics Engineer (Graduate or Placement)
As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered a partnership with EOS Risk to support the research and development of a new data analytics platform. The role is offered on a 6-month fixed term basis and would be suitable for an IT/Computing graduate [or Placement] with experience of Computer Science or Web Development.
EOS Risk is a leading global professional security services company, providing a comprehensive range of risk services and solutions in analysis, audit, strategy, operations, travel and assistance.
EOS Risk help organisations to identify and understand the risks to their business. They build business resilience by mitigating and governing those risks. When unforeseen events occur, they respond with dedicated support immediately. Their service offering spans an end-to-end range of integrated strategic consultancy, expert analysis, audit, political risk, security management, security operations, investigative, project management, travel risk management, digital tracking and monitoring, cyber security and crisis response services.
We are now looking for a Graduate Data Analytics Engineer to join the team.
Duties and responsibilities
The Graduate Data Analytics Engineer will play a key role in the build, implementation and support of Web Application to assist our customers in understanding and determining how EOS Risk can respond to their needs and by means of an interact map can determine which are the nearest assets that could be deployed to assist in their current risk.
The role encompasses these areas to meet the Company's agreed strategic objectives:
* Design Support: Support the design and development of the proposed solution, where appropriate building, testing and deploying new solutions into service.
* This may include developing interfaces to existing data structures / sources and use of third-party APIs.
* Service Management: To conduct 2nd and 3rd line support activities as part of the service management of solutions.
Skills and experience
* High level of PC literacy with the ability to maintain and build computers and computer systems, whilst also demonstrating a keen interest in technology and technological trends
* Good understanding of Windows OS
* Familiarity with a Programming language i.e. Python, Java, Shell
* Data Visualisation experience is preferred
* Ability to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to solving problems
* Ability to learn quickly
* Committed to complete the project
* Willing to learn and flexible to adapt - 'can-do attitude'
* Able to work in a team and on individual assignments to a deadline
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for 6 months (24 weeks)
Hours and Days: Mon-Thu, 9am - 5.30pm, 9am - 4pm on Fridays.
The role is offered with an initial salary of approximately GBP18,000 pro rata and is based on an hourly rate of GBP9.34 plus a holiday enhancement of GBP1.12 per hour.
Provisional Start Date: November 2021
Dress Code: Smart, casual The role will be situated within the premises of the business.
Business Location: Lombard House, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs