Science Lab Technician, Grads Wanted, Secondary School, Hungerford
An exciting opportunity has become available for a science graduate (Biology/Physics/Chemistry) to join a 'Good' Ofsted rated 11-16 Secondary School in central Hungerford. This school is in the top 5% of academically successful schools in England, and make a conscious effort to emphasise the importance of STEM subjects to their curriculum. They are excited to welcome a science graduate to join their team as a Science Graduate Lab Technician.
Science Graduates wanted - Biology/Chemistry/Physics and similar considered!
- Are you a recent Biology, Physics, or Chemistry graduate who is looking to gain valuable experience facilitating experiments with young people?
- Do you have a passion for practical science that you'd love to foster into the next generation?
- Have you got a confident, outgoing personality that thrives working with young students?
The head teacher has asked me to stress the potential for successful science graduates who become Science Lab Technician at the school to be supported in their further study, either through teacher training, or through similar post graduate study.
As a Science Lab Technician, you will have the opportunity to engage in sampling, measuring and recording of data as well as preparing and maintaining laboratory equipment. You will get to experience high quality safeguarding training in top of the line facilities, allowing you to further deepen your practical science experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working as a Science Technician in a school desirable but not required.
- Science Graduate (Biology/Chemistry/Physics).
- Infectious enthusiasm for science.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and energetic.
- Current DBS or open to getting one ASAP.
If you are interested in the role, then either apply directly through this advert, or email your CV over to