An exciting opportunity for a Graduate Project Administrator has arisen to work for our client in their new world class building. The College's reputation as the leading vocational College in East Surrey has been confirmed by Ofsted in the 2017 report.
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective administrative and secretarial service to support in a variety of departments. This is a sough after position working closely with a dedicated team to support on an exciting big project contract.
What will your working week be like?
* Assist with departmental organisation and take part in key College events, such as enrolment, Open Day/Evenings etc
* Assist the Head of Department in the effective collation of retention data, learner surveys and other documentation if required
* Enrolling learners on courses as directed
* Process course cancellations and refunds which includes contacting students.
* Processing course and student amendments when required
* Arranging meetings, including accommodation and provision of refreshments, preparing and circulating documentation
* Respond to queries in a timely and professional manner, ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
* Attend meetings, prepare agendas and take minutes as required
* Managing diaries for the departmental team
* Working with the members of the department to ensure the timely and accurate recording of sickness, annual leave and other absence of staff, ensuring the data collected is communicated to the HR Department
* Ensuring that stocks of stationery and office supplies are maintained
* Using, creating and maintaining simple databases and spreadsheets as required
* Developing and maintaining effective filing systems for the storage and prompt retrieval of information/papers
* Co-ordinating a register system
* Co-ordinating part-time teaching contracts and sessional claims
* Co-ordinating financial records
* Liaise closely and form effective working relationships with staff, students and third parties such as external agencies
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate will be available immediately and will ideally hold experience of administration duties. You must have the maturity to confidently manage students between the ages of 14 to 18, to support and guide them throughout further education. Ideally graduated within an English subject, therefore offering strong attention to detail and clear precise written communication.
* Strong MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint experience
* Strong attention to detail, planning and coordinating
* Experience of setting up and using administration systems
* Minimum A Level qualified
* Results Focus; Drive to Achieve Excellence, Technical Skills & Professionalism
* Focus on Delivery; Organisational Awareness, Customer/Student Focus
* Self Motivation; Adaptability & Flexibility, Accountability
Salary: Circa GBP21,000
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Hours: 8:45am - 5pm plus Benefits which include; Free parking, generous annual leave, gym membership, pension, excellent training, childcare vouchers and much more
Please note - successful applicants must undertake a full DBS check (criminal records check) and full five-year referencing is required.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; education sector, administration, office support, team admin, team support, Graduate, Redhill, Horley, Merstham, Reigate, Secretary
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation