Our client, a market leading manufacturing business are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Product/Structural Designer to join their design team.
- To design packaging solutions that meet the customer needs and requirements in such a way that they can be manufactured profitably and efficiently.
- Ensuring the optimal use of performance papers.
- Introduction of new products/designs that satisfy customer needs and manufacturing efficiencies, communicating effectively with stakeholders.
- Play a proactive role in producing designs for new and existing customers in a timely manner.
- To produce designs, drawings, samples and pallet layouts that adhere to customer and plant specifications.
- Liaise with production on matters of design and machine suitability.
- Generate drawings for costing purposes, based on information provided by the customer, or through product innovation.
- Support the Customer Services and External Sales teams, and customers with matters of design.
- Control of sample board requirements and stocking.
- Maintaining KIWI in terms of drawings/specifications.
- Assist with improvements to systems and procedures.
- Proactively support the external sales team with their client account plan objectives and customer action plans.
- Provide same day, responsive feedback to any client daily requests. Demonstrate concise, accurate status information and considered communication.
- Co-ordination of the introduction of new products, through pro-active action with other internal departments within the business, from the artwork/specification stage to delivery.
- Liaise with External Sales team members to ensure on-going efficient account management including participation in customer meetings/business reviews as required.
- Provision of data analysis and report information to customers, External Sales team members and management, daily/weekly/monthly basis as required.
- Compliance within Company's Health & Safety, Hygiene and Environmental standards/procedures.
- Provide full personal support to the behavioural safety campaign requirements.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Interest in product and design, with a keen eye for detail.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to present an argument, showing the understanding and flexibility to achieve the best result.
- Use of ArtiosCAD, Cape Pack and full Adobe Suite.
- Computer Literate.
- Experienced within Product Design or alternately a recent graduate in Product Design or similar.
- Starting salary of GBP20,000 per annum. Rising by GBP1,250 every 6 months up to GBP25,000 per annum after 2 years service. Higher starting salary available for someone with relevant industry experience.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Private medical.
- Life assurance.