Peak Production are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their skilled engineering team!
During this role you will:
- Learn to manually machine to engineering drawings.
- CNC operations and setting.
- Mechanical assembly to drawings and 3D CAD.
- Learning to use 3D printers & operations, including metal.
- The candidate will spend time in the Machine shop, CNC/3D print and mechanical assembly. At the end of the apprenticeship, we would hope to offer you a position in one of those areas.
Requirements and prospects
Basic Skills and understanding of a machine shop environment are preferred. Good hand-eye coordination Manual dexterity
Excellent communication and the ability to adapt to different situations in all areas of the business. Excellent attention to detail Patience Enthusiasm
You will need 4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) including maths, English and Science (Chemistry/Physics is advisable) or equivalent
We will be looking to offer a permanent position in one of the areas of the business.
Things to consider
As part of this apprenticeship, during your 1st and 2nd years you will be expected to come into college 2 days a week. Throughout your 3rd year you will be expected to come into college for one day a week. Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage. Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.