What will the apprentice be doing?
- Exposure to and assisting with creating engineer drawings, cable diagrams and product instructions.
- Creating, managing and implementing technical changes into Production.
- Create, manage and update standard operating procedures
- Identify & report common faults/possible technical improvements
- Responsible for NPI process admin
- Monthly technical bulletin
- Implementing OEM products into Production.
- product training and testing when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards an apprenticeship in either a Level 3 Engineering Design and Draughtsperson or Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you finish your apprenticeship, we offer fantastic opportunities for progression for those who demonstrate the ability and desire.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 6) Essential
Things to consider
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn • Clear communicator • Good attention to detail • Ability to work on own initiative • Level 6 GCSE Maths minimum • CAD skills (desired but not essential) • Design or engineering qualifications (Nor required but a plus)