My client is an AIM listed recruitment business that focuses on white and blue-collar recruitment, providing temporary and permanent labour to a broad range of industries and customers in both domestic and international markets through its geographically defined operating divisions.
They are looking for an IT Apprentice to join their expanding IT division, the successful candidate will assist employees who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with IT applications, products or services.
You will be reporting to the Groups IT Coordinator.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full administration of the company helpdesk portal HEAT
- Providing Tier 1 support for tickets logged via the company helpdesk, phone, IM or email per agreed SLA
- Liaise with third party software & hardware vendors and provide resolution for issues not rectifiable in house
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure a timely resolution
- Create user accounts, configure and install hardware as part of newstarter & leaver process
- Remote support of users in both the UK and Internationally
- Administration of the following:
- Active Directory,
- Microsoft 365 Products, Teams, SharePoint & OneDrive
- Mail Security Platform
- AMDB (asset management database)
- Mobile voice, data connections and landline/VOiP phone system
- Mobile Device Management Platform
- Anti-Virus Management Console
- Support audio, video and IT equipment in conference & meeting rooms
- Performing basic administrative support duties
- Documenting procedures for internal use by the IT Team. Producing "How to Guide’s" for end users and publishing on the company Knowledge base online portal.
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
Skills and Personal qualities:
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Basic knowledge of IT systems and applications (Windows 10 operating System)
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues relating to PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Producing Documentation
- Can work on own and be a part of a Team
- Working towards industry recognisable qualification/Certification such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+)
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£9,000 - £17,000 per annum. --- (based on the National Living Wage)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone is looking to start their career withing the IT industry.
There is plenty of opportunity to grow and progress with the client whilst building an unbeatable skill set.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.