Proudly Mexican, food chain GRUMA is the global leader of corn and flour tortilla production worldwide, and a leading producer of wheat flour and its derivatives such as flatbreads, wraps, naan, pita bread, chapatti, and pizza bases plus other food products, such as rice, snacks, pastas, condiments and palm hearts.
GRUMA has experienced exceptional growth worldwide with operations in America, Europe, Asia and Oceania with 79 production plants, and a strong presence in 112 countries across the globe, with its global brands, MASECA and MISSION, along with a large selection of local brands such as Guerrero in the U.S., TORTIRICAS and TOSTY in Costa Rica.
- To ensure the front of house environment represents a professional and efficient organisation as well carry out general reception, facilities and administration duties and support with HR admin.
- Support the HR team in HR activities i.e. letters (mail merges), handling confidential paperwork, filing, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of noticeboards.
- Assist with arranging Christmas and summer Parties.
- Organise stationery for new starters where necessary.
- Place and monitor stationery and medical supply orders and management of stationery stocks. Control inventory relevant to reception area.
- Facilitate meetings; organise refreshments/catering and taxi’s, seating, invitations, room bookings and minutes as required.
- Assist with set up and maintain allocation of staff personal lockers, ordering of uniforms and swipe cards and assist with monthly locker inspections.
- Liaise with caterers and machine vendors, milk and fruit deliveries, co-ordinating supply and re-stocking.
- Organise some facilities activities i.e. window clears, hedge cutters.
- Update and maintain site Telephone directory and supplier list.
- Greet all visitors on arrival at the company in an efficient and polite manner dealing with their requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure completion of Health and Safety compliance questionnaires, where appropriate, or ensure they are completed by suitable personnel.
- Maintain the visitor’s book and fire register accurately.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Ensure the highest standards and tidiness of the reception areas.
- Organise incoming and outgoing post and parcels; arrange couriers where necessary. Sort and issue mail.
- Face to face or telephone staff queries and contact with all levels of staff.
- Ensure reception is always staffed during the agreed hours.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and email.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Meticulous record keeping and attention to detail.
Entry Level Requirements:
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements):
- Those working in a role (for at least 6 months) where data is used on a regular basis and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.