Established in 1970, they are a chemical distribution company with chemical supply bases across the world. Since their inception, the company has followed a path of continuing expansion and now has offices in the UK, Holland, Spain, China, Australia, USA and Chile.
The global company are able to supply chemicals to all corners of the globe. Their goal and priority is to remain the primary chemical supplier throughout the world and endeavour to achieve this target through delivering the highest quality chemical products, distribution service and technical support, provided by the best and most qualified staff.
They are now looking for an enthusiastic ICT Support Technician Apprentice to support the company growth which includes the expansion of their IT Team. Their people are the backbone of the business. They believe in teamwork, collaboration and constant communication to bring their clients the best service possible.
- Provide 1st line helpdesk support to staff in all offices
- Become competent in the support and delivery of training related to ICT applications
- Provide prompt support (e.g. password resets, logging on issues, printing issues, etc) to all staff and visitors who use the ICT systems
- Perform regular room and equipment checks to ensure maximum availability of ICT resources
- Maintain an appropriate stock of all IT related consumables (keyboards, mice, printer toner, etc) and ensure they are regularly replenished as appropriate
- Update and maintain the companies ICT asset register to ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Remove faulty equipment and deploy replacement kit as directed by the ICT Manager
- Get involved with the installation or relocation of new PC workstations, laptops, printers and similar devices including software as required
- Assist the ICT Support team with managing other ICT related systems and equipment such as VoIP telephony, wireless access, etc with the assistance of 3rd party suppliers where appropriate
- Become competent in all software used by the company and develop these skills as requirements change
- Help with maintaining and supporting mobile resources such as mobile phones, laptops and tablets
- Assist in the development of the ICT systems once appropriate skills have been gained
- Passion for IT & Technology
- Good understanding of commercial requirements to provide relevant IT solutions
- Knowledge of IT Databases
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Some work experience in either a customer-facing or IT environment would be beneficial
- Enthusiastic with a positive and helpful mind-set
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to work in a small established team
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
The company have ambitious expansion plans, which include the IT Team, so if you are successful in your apprenticeship then there will be real opportunity for you to grow with the company and progress further in your career at the company with opportunities for promotion, further studies and training and scope to work from other locations.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.