Our client was established in 1969 and is now one of the largest manufacturers of liquid waste vacuum tankers and jetting equipment in Europe. Our client supplies its products to the UK and worldwide. Their aim is to continually improve the quality and value of their products, through design innovation to maximise durability, reliability, ease of maintenance, fitness for purpose and residual value.
The client has a truly modern manufacturing facility at Ravenshaw, with all the key processes carried out in-house, rather than sub-contracted out. Every stage of the manufacturing process – from technical specification, preparation of chassis, tank build, mounting of tanks, fitting of components, painting, finishing and quality control – all take place on site. The ‘in-house’ product philosophy gives our client the ability to control quality at every stage and to ensure that every product is engineered and built to deliver uptime and value throughout its working lifetime.
Our client is now looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join the existing team as an IT Support Apprentice to provide IT support to all computer users within their business. The apprentice will be logging/updating helpdesk tickets & working closely with the IT team on infrastructure project work.
- Provide first-line support for users
- Assist with preventative maintenance.
- Manage support tickets via helpdesk, including logging new & closing completed tasks.
- Maintain a professional presence to enhance the quality and reputation of both the department and the company.
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, network and user issues, prioritising as necessary, and implement workarounds if required, to prevent downtime and disruption to users.
- Maintain adequate stock for printer & misc. IT consumables (e.g. cables).
- Generally, undertake such duties deemed necessary by the IT team as and when appropriate.
- Produce documentation on department procedures and processes.
- Any other ad hoc duties.
Job requirements / skills and personal qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative/problem solve
- Team player
- Willing to learn
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Opportunity to increase pay linked to ability and experience
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity for training and career development
- Competitive Company Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance (BUPA)
- Comprehensive bonus structure
- Opportunity to join share ownership scheme
- Sick pay scheme, which is available once staff status has been given
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company and IT department.
The company have a history of taking on apprentices and keeping them on once they have gained their qualification.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.