We know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality homes and friendlier communities. We own and manage more than 5,000 homes in South-West Hertfordshire.
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities.
This role will be a 2-year fixed term contract which includes completing a Level 3 Information Communications Technician course in the IT team.
The main purpose of this role is to support the use of technology and IT related systems in order for the Group to maximise the effectiveness of the digital roadmap for the employees, tenants and external stakeholders. Ultimately, to support the Technology and Information Services team in delivering the objectives of the corporate business plan.
Main role / Key accountabilities:
- To assist in the day to day business support operations for IT services to improve the quality of the end users experience when using IT systems and devices.
- To install, configure and provide initial desk side support for hardware system to the end user.
- To install and configure end user application software.
- To maintain the IT inventory for hardware and software.
- Setup and provide first line support for printers, telephones and audio-visual equipment
- Monitor end user request to identify potential trends in software or hardware failure.
Desired skills and Personal qualities:
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
- Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
- Collaborative– We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
- Forward-thinking– We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
What do we offer?
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an excellent base within walking distance of the shops and cafes of Watford town centre.
In addition to:
- 28 days annual leave bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution up to 11%
- Development opportunities and employee rewards which include: shopping vouchers, duvet days and free massages
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.