The Clear Company is the UK's leading provider of services to employers to support inclusive recruitment and talent management practice. Our motto is 'Inspire to Hire' and our goal is to free organisations from the barriers people from under-represented groups face in recruitment and talent management policy, process and practice.
Overview / The opportunity:
We are passionate about making the world a better place. Known for being Disruptors, Innovators and Experts in Diversity & Inclusion we are on an incredible journey as we continue to mature and grow delivering great things with our clients. There is the chance to become a member in a growing team and become a key person in the business going forward.
What you will do:
This role can be conducted virtually, we will be able to set you up to work from your home or on a hybrid working basis with access to our offices in the North West of England. Most of our team work remotely and flexibly. We trust our team to deliver and ensure we have a working pattern that works for you and for us.
You will be joining a team-based culture and with professional values-driven colleagues with diverse, lived experience and expertise.
- Support the planning of our communications calendar and production of relevant, high quality digital marketing content
- Plan, design and deliver email campaigns using our CRM platform, that reflect the content calendar, lead generation strategy and other Clear Company activity
- Produce reports to show the email campaign results and guide future activity
- Create landing pages in our CRM to support our marketing and lead generation, and report on the results using them to guide future activity
- Plan and execute social media campaigns in Twitter and LinkedIn for sister company Clear Talents to reflect product news, the latest Diversity and Inclusion content and increase followers. Evaluate and report on the results of the campaigns
- Support the ongoing development of the Clear Company website; keeping it up to date with the latest content, optimise the user experience, understand search keywords and develop our SEO. Where appropriate work with our website agency to deliver projects.
- Analyse and report on the website performance using Google Analytics
- Research general Diversity and Inclusion activity and trends in order to share with the business and guide the communications activity
- Work with the Marketing team to develop our CRM use, Marketing reporting and forward planning.
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work in a team and individually
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.