With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries.
Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.
- Monitor and Configure Security Tooling such as Anti-Virus and Email Filtering
- Conduct Vulnerability Scans and Assessments and arrange Remediation
- Handle incidents and review flagged emails for threats
- Assist in recommending cyber security training across the business
- Develop relationships with teams across Tes
- Respond to queries regarding security and providing relevant advice
- Track, manage, investigate and report on incidents and breaches, and provide insight into lessons learned
- Keep up to date with current threat tactics, techniques and procedures
- Some experience of cyber security operations
- Ability to write scripts and query SQL databases
- Passion and enthusiasm for IT and Cyber Security
- A good understanding of cyber security issues and threats
- Good Communication Skills
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to challenge colleagues in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to provide clear and practical advice to business stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills with the proven ability to influence at a senior level
- Proven ability to work independently
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Life Assurance 2 x salary
- Health Cash Plan Level 1 with Medicash
- Pension 5% Employer / 3% employee (can opt out)
- Benefits World - high street discounts,
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 30 with LOS0) - 5 days holiday purchase
- Sick pay 2 week per year
- Salary sacrifice purchasable such as Apple Watch.
Possibility of full-time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.