WiseserveLtd is a Limited company registered in England and Wales trading as Computer Assistance based in Oxford. We are one of the largest independent IT support companies in Oxford with acclaimed customer service since 1996. We offer remote and on-site IT support, Web design and development, computer sales and repair services, telecoms, expanding our services every year.
Work is varied as we support a wide range of technical systems. From Microsoft and Linux through to VMware, Azure and AWS, there is plenty of opportunities to develop a broad skill set and focus on new and interesting technologies.
- Diagnose laptop and desktop issues
- Prepare computers to be installed into client’s networks
- Setup routers
- Prepare test reports of products when needed, remove viruses, and troubleshoot malware, adware, spyware, etc.
- They also adjust computer hardware components to ensure better performance and diagnose network issues
- Installing and configuring software programs, and assembling desktop and laptop computers, and Macs
- Explaining to the client the issue and recommending the best course of action for the repair
Desired skills and qualities:
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels
- Ability to deal with difficult callers
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here.
- 9:00am – 5:00pm, 5 days a week. / 37.5hrs per week
- Salary reviews after 6 months
- Potential to gain a full time job after completing the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.