Based in Newton Le Willows, MCC Digital has been working with schools, colleges, and universities to make their vision a reality by building secure foundations. The unprecedented responsiveness, accessibility and mobility of Mac and iPad is a cornerstone of that reality: a truly creative, productive, and integrated tool that appeals to all learning styles.
MCC is an Apple Solution Expert for Education – our educational experts help deploy the very best Apple technology in the classroom and deliver truly transformational change to the way teaching and learning happens in your school. From former teachers, to experienced consultants, our expert team will make any project a success.
Full training will be provided over a number of months, working closely with colleagues in all areas of the department.
You will gain Apple and other industry certifications that would part of, are essential to this role.
15-month Apprenticeship / Fixed Term Contract / with a strong view to offering a fulltime role on successful completion.
Main role / responsibilities: [Once trained, you would be responsible for:]
- Supporting schools and businesses across the UK both remotely and onsite with their Apple technology deployments.
- Managing OS version updates
- Manging Application version updates
- Creating resolution plans for deeper client issues, focussing on time scales, user involvement and any pre-requisites for the solution
- Testing faulty hardware and recommending steps to resolve
- Maintaining high quality documentation within our cloud platforms allowing any member of the team to collaborate on work you have done
What we are looking for / Desirable skills and personal qualities:
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Interest in making ICT as streamlined as possible for end-users
- Previous ICT Qualifications / short courses
- Interest in all things IT Hardware / Software
- Some knowledge of the concepts of Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Previous ICT Qualifications / Short Courses
- Keen interest / knowledge in the Apple brand
- Live within 40 minutes commute of Newton-le-Willows train station. (Business is very close by)
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Thursday, 9:00am – 5:30pm,
Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
£10,000 – £13,000 per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.