This is student accommodation, but not as you know it!
Fusion Students is a market-leading student accommodation developer and brand founded on the belief that student living should be about people and experiences. We have developed and sold a number of portfolios of vibrant properties in some of the top student cities across the UK which provided our student residents with an exceptional lifestyle.
We have an exciting 5-year pipeline of development in place across major UK cities and are focused on acquiring more land opportunities to expand this portfolio further.
The role offers an exciting and unique opportunity for a high-level graduate to develop their skills and experience working alongside a high performing team, whilst gaining an end-to-end understanding of the whole land acquisition, property development and investment finance process. You will be joining a company which has retained its ‘family feel’ and is focused on developing and supporting colleagues to perform to a high-quality standard and achieve ambitious targets.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9:00-18:00 (1-hour lunch break)
Term: Starting either November 2021 or January 2022. Fixed term contract for 24 months (with possibility to extend)
Property Services (50%), Acquisitions (30%) and Finance (20%)
The role will predominately provide project management and administrative support on property and construction matters as part of the Property Services Team, whilst also assisting the Land Acquisition Department and Finance Department as required.
- Provide project support to the Group Managing Director, Construction Director and Project Controller across all property matters, including planning, construction, insurance, legal and operational.
- Maintain and manage project control documents, Excel trackers and programmes.
- Set up governance meetings, manage agendas and minutes, and report progress internally to senior stakeholders.
- Carry out property research and data analysis tasks, collating, processing and presenting summary reports for banks, investors and internal colleagues.
- Support with general office management and administrative tasks.
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Manager to support on initial site Appraisals and pipeline cashflows.
- Analyse market and competitor trends, pricing, quality of product and services, drawing conclusions and presenting information clearly via reports, presentations, graphs, illustrative maps.
- Manage funding and development cashflows, support with compliance to financial agreements and tracking deadlines, produce Business Plans and Quarterly Financial Property Reports.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to support on accountancy processes and queries relating to construction and developments.
The ideal candidate
The role would be well suited to a graduate, and the candidate will ideally have some experience or basic understanding of the property market or in other research/analysis environments.
The candidate should be / have:
- Strong numeracy and writing skills.
- An eye for detail for reading and analysing reports and data.
- Competent using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and keen to develop these skills further.
- Highly organised, efficient and punctual.
- Flexible, adaptable, willing and proactive in seeking out solutions to new problems.
- Passionate, self-motivated, keen to learn and develop their skills and experience.
- A keen interest in business and property development, looking to build a general understanding of the full end-to-end acquisitions, funding and development process.
- A Leader / Captain.