The Optionis Group is one of the UK's most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for a Trainee Tax Advisor to join our growing team. As a Trainee Tax Advisor, you will benefit from study support which will see you enrolled onto AAT, ATT or ACCA dependant on your prior experience/ qualifications.
As a Trainee Tax Advisor, you will primarily be responsible for drafting client tax returns and providing advice and guidance to clients on personal taxation matters. So, if you're looking to build a career within the tax industry and have a genuine willingness to learn and progress within this sector, then we want to hear from you.
What we offer:
- Your Flexibility - we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in an office or in an arrangement mixing the best of both.
- Study support towards AAT, ACCA or ATT
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Additional days off for Birthday and 100% attendance
- Exclusive Discounts & Offers from 'SavingsPal' - UK's Leading Benefits Platform
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dress down dress code
- Tusker Car benefit scheme - salary sacrifice green CO2 capped
- Free Mortgage service
- Holiday Buy & Exchange Scheme
- Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers -Specsavers
- The Opportunity to Earn Vouchers for Business Referrals & Review
The key responsibilities for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing client tax returns and managing these through to successful filing with HMRC.
- Effectively managing your portfolio of clients, whilst working closely with internal teams.
- Providing on demand ad-hoc personal tax advice to clients.
- Dealing with PAYE and personal tax compliance matters.
- Preparation of P11D forms.
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from clients whilst ensuring a quality and efficient service is provided.
- Dealing with HMRC and other third parties on the clients behalf.
- Calculating tax rebates and liabilities for clients under the Construction Industry Scheme.
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service.
- Delivering consistently accurate work.
What we're looking for:
- A genuine desire to build a career within the tax industry.
- An enthusiasm to progress towards obtaining tax qualifications (AAT, ATT, ACCA).
- Experience working in an office environment is highly desirable
- Strong email and telephone skills.
- Efficient time and work management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work to targets and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively.
- A positive 'can do' attitude.