Early Careers Advisor - Apprentices
Location: Rosyth, Fife
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Early Careers Advisor to be responsible for ensuring that the correct mix of new talent is brought into the organisation at our Rosyth site, to support our future growth requirements.
In order to achieve this, we recognise that our people are critical to our success and the work we undertake must develop them in order to meet our obligations to our customer. This will entail improving the experiences of our Early Careers employees during their programmes in Rosyth and providing consistency of the offering across the Group.
The role will also involve leading the STEM engagement programme in Rosyth in support of the Early Careers strategy and for managing the development programmes for our apprentices.
Key duties will include:
- Work in partnership with the Early Careers Manager to understand Marine & Energy Rosyth work force plan requirements.
- Responsible for the full on-boarding process of the apprenticeship programmes within Rosyth.
- To build strong relationships and work with key stakeholders and external organisations to develop the apprenticeship programme.
- To ensure the apprentice placements deliver the required output to meet both business and individual needs.
- Effective monitoring & reporting of performance across the apprenticeship community.
- To support the Early Careers Manager in reviewing the Marine & Energy apprenticeship programmes at Rosyth, to identify and implement improvements and changes necessary to ensure our apprentice programmes are attractive in the recruitment market place, but also providing high quality employees into the business.
- Overseeing the STEM engagement delivery at the Rosyth site through ongoing management of the programme. This will include overseeing the STEM ambassador community and STEM events i.e Festival of Engineering.
- Working with the Early Careers Centre of Expertise (COE) to share knowledge and best practice.
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders on the benefits of the early career programme.
- Partnership working with the local training providers and colleges our apprentices attend.
What do I need to do the role?
Through previous experience in a similar role, you will have good knowledge of apprentice development and recruitment, including experience in identifying the most effective methods by which to develop and retain talent, and shaping bespoke programmes to meet both business and individual needs
We would also like you to have an understanding of the apprenticeship funding process through Skills Development Scotland.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.