As an apprentice Software Engineer you will play a key role in our core technology team. Your primary focus and main objective will be to support the development team in developing, testing and integrating software (written in C#, Vue.js, SQL and other computer languages) for a whole range of projects. The work will provide both challenging and stimulating working environment for the right candidate, who's passionate about writing and delivering efficient code using good Software Engineering practices and learning about our business.
You will assigned to one of our Software Development or Data Engineering projects where you will assist the lead software engineer in running the whole software development lifecycle (SDLC): from requirements capture and business analysis through to development, testing and delivering software to several business units across the company. You will further assist the technology team in configuring and running various project management and data analysis tools and applications
Your duties may include:
- Follow and adhere to our 'Smart Values'
- Embrace being part of a team
- Be open-minded and curious with a desire to learn and get involved
- Share your discoveries and knowledge with the wider business
- Be a team player who can build relationships and manage expectations
- Master effective communication with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
Training and development.
We are truly committed to the professional and personal development of our employees and we have every intention to support a permanent opportunity upon successful completion of your apprenticeship. You will be supported by an experienced member of our tech team, be exposed to the variety of projects we have in place and work closely with the rest of the company. This Level 4 apprenticeship scheme will enable you to develop on your technical skills and give you the necessary commercial practical experience to supplement your qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience with testing tools and methodologies
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Understands how to use and apply automated test tools
- An understanding of Agile digital working environments
- You love: being practical, getting things done, and exceeding all expectations
- Passionate: About new technology and consumer trends
- Agile: You are comfortable with change and get up to speed with new systems and concepts easily
- A strong communicator: You are reliable, self-organised, pragmatic, and find solutions that are best for our users without any technical debt
- Alignment to our values: you demonstrate alignment to our values of Customer Service, Owning your Own Development, Owning the conversation, Working as a Team and Entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a Growth Mindset
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent including English and maths.Future prospects
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit:https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates