Hamond Projects are a leading building consultancy offering traditional Quantity Surveying services together with Project Management, Building Surveying, and CDM Co-ordination, Letting management, Employers Agent and bespoke professional services within the construction industry.
The firm currently provides a full Quantity Surveying and Estimating service covering all relevant aspects in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors of the Construction Industry. There are very few practices that provides clients with exceptional levels of Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Health and Safety Advice, negotiation and Construction Consultancy Services.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of operational staff.
Your duties will include collating and formatting data to facilitate processing and presentation for review and further advanced analysis by others.
- Support the projects teams’ activities i.e. letters, handling confidential paperwork, filing, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of spreadsheets
- Organise stationery where necessary
- Place and monitor stationery orders and management of stationery stocks
- Control inventory relevant to reception area
- Facilitate meetings; organise refreshments/catering and taxi’s, seating, invitations, room bookings and minutes as required
- Liaise with caterers and machine vendors, milk and fruit deliveries, co-ordinating supply and re-stocking
- Update and maintain site Telephone directory and supplier list
- Greet all visitors on arrival at the company in an efficient and polite manner dealing with their requirements as appropriate
- Ensure completion of Health and Safety compliance
- Organise incoming and outgoing post and parcels; arrange couriers where necessary. Sort and issue mail
Full training on software such as Kerridge k8 and potentially Verba Alto will be undertaken, these will be the main areas which data will be collected form.
There will also be training on POS systems and in the absence of other staff they may be expected to serve customers.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word and email
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Meticulous record keeping and attention to detail
Entry Level Requirements:
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can’t meet the qualification requirements):
- Those working in a role (for at least 6 months) where data is used on a regular basis and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
8am - 4pm, Monday to Friday -- (1-hour lunch)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.