Claranet provides network, hosting, cloud, communications, security and managed application services in the UK as well as operating in 10 countries. The result is a connected services portfolio offering the best environment for critical applications and data. For each customer, Claranet consult, design, build and manage with a focus on long term continuous improvement.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has annualised revenues of circa £400 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,500 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers. Claranet are growing and are now looking for 3 Apprentice’s to join the organisation in a Project Support capacity whilst undertaking a fully funded Project Management Degree Apprenticeship which will be accredited by Northumbria University.
The main responsibility of this role will be to work alongside Project managers and project coordinators in the delivery of complex customer projects by submitting and manging orders with 3rd Party & Internal suppliers, providing progress updates on these orders, communicating with our customers and providing administrative support where required.
Title: Project Support (Degree Apprenticeship)
Salary: £18,000 + incremental rise + 25 days holiday + life insurance, medical insurance.
- Support the Project Office key KPI of delivery on time by placing orders for our Managed Service Customers with 3rd party suppliers and ensuring quality and timely hand-over to the Project Coordinators / Project Managers.
- Answer / reply to incoming calls/ ticket queue in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaising with suppliers to arrange the ordering of 3rd party services
- Point of escalation for the Project Office and other internal departments for queries relating to ordering and cancellations.
- Support Project Managers and Project Coordinators with planning large solution rollouts.
- Validation of data to ensure services can be ordered and delivered on time Dealing with customer questions and queries via telephone, email and tickets.
The chosen candidates will be passionate, motivated and highly enthusiastic individual who have the ambition of becoming fully qualified Project Managers.
Claranet are looking for individuals to possess the following attributes:
- Confident, proactive, hardworking and flexible
- The ability to work accurately and proactively, with an eye to detail and to prioritise a complex and varied workload
- Proven written and verbal communication skills including excellent telephone skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a flexible approach to work and willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communicating with staff at all levels of seniority
- Substantial experience of providing high level project administrative support or administrative support in an IT services environment
- internally and customer facing, with the ability to form strong working relationships
- The ability to work without close supervision in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must have 120 UCAS Tariff points that can be made up of A Levels or equivalents including BTEC’s, Level 3 Apprenticeships, HND’s etc.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.