LCS Group are an expert in providing IT Consultancy, Telephony Systems, Infrastructure & IT support and have been contributing to making their customers some of the most successful in their sectors for 25 years! Supported by highly trained and dedicated consultants and account managers LCS Group enable their client’s teams to deliver the highest level of service possible to their customers… and that is where you come in!
LCS Group have proven experience in developing academy talent from apprenticeship level through to qualified engineers and they are now looking for an apprentice to join their successful and growing team.
LCS Group are looking for a confident individual to join their expanding technical team with the opportunity to learn methods to deploy business networks and support infrastructure for a wide range of businesses.
As a managed service provider, LCS Group has a diverse customer base ranging from micro businesses to corporate clients. They are looking for outgoing and confident individuals who have a strong desire to continue learning and who aren’t scared to use their initiative within the workplace.
The Academy Network Engineer will have a unique opportunity to work in an agile team without the limitations of large organisations, giving them access to configure network hardware and equipment from day one along with a diverse range of software platforms.
On the job training will be provided by a team of Microsoft & ZyXEL accredited network engineers with additional vendor training provided on top of the apprenticeship elements as part of a 2-year program.
Role: Academy Network Engineer Apprentice
Salary: £14,000 a year, plus benefits
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please visit:
Main role / Responsibilities: [will involve the following:]
- Ad-Hoc PC & Network Equipment Setup & Site Installation
- Monitoring of infrastructure alerts and resolution activities
- Work assisting on infrastructure replacement projects under a dedicated project manager
- Remote and onsite customer support of Windows environments, network infrastructure & third-party applications
- Proactive server maintenance
- Security compliance checking
- VoIP & hybrid telephony infrastructure installation and support activities
- Office 365 / Azure Administration & Support
What we are looking for / Skills and Personal qualities:
In order to be successful throughout this process, candidates must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience or passion in PC hardware, building machines and installing operating systems
- Networking devices in a home or learning environment
- Willingness to learn new skills throughout apprenticeship and beyond
- Confident communication skills
- Outgoing personality with the ability to work as part of a team but the passion to use their own initiative in the workplace
- Ability to multitask between work and apprenticeship studies
- Driving License is desirable, due to travelling being key [but not essential]
If you are passionate about IT and have the drive and ambition to further your academic studies whilst gaining invaluable first-hand technical experience within a reputable and successful IT organisation, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Waste no time in applying today!
- An A Level in ICT, or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.