Cranswick is a leading and innovative supplier of premium, fresh and added value food products with revenue approaching £1.7 billion. Our business employs over 12,500 people and operates from sixteen well invested, highly efficient production facilities in the UK.
We have an ambitious growth plan with our people at its heart, which has enabled us to create a workplace with excellent opportunities for people to progress and develop their careers. Formed in the early 1970s by farmers in East Yorkshire to produce animal feed, the Company has since evolved into a business which produces a range of high quality, predominantly fresh food, including fresh pork, poultry, convenience and gourmet products.
We are currently recruiting for a Technology Project Support Apprentice to join our fast paced and dynamic Group IT team! Cranswick have a wealth of experience in recruiting apprentice talent and providing career progression to becoming fully qualified in an area of IT that interests the individual. Due to continued growth, we are now looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join the Group IT team and be based at a site of your choice!
This will be a fast paced and varied role with key exposure to a wide variety of IT tasks.
- Travelling between various sites in the UK on a day-to-day basis (including some overnight accommodation)
- Training end users when implementing projects
- Creating project documentation/training documentation/videos
- Liaising with the businesses to gain information to support project delivery
- Working with the business to further develop their use of technology
- Undertaking project tasks as required
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Be responsible for various individual work stream deadlines against an overall project plan to ensure projects tasks are completed as planned
Required skills, experience and person specification:
- A passion for all things IT
- A strong can-do attitude is essential
- An Independent worker who is able to work off their own initiative
- Driving License & access to car
- First class communication skills
- Exceptional written and presentation skills
- Willingness to learn and having the ability to absorb information
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience of IT / Computing from either work or studies
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject;
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject;
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject;
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a ‘similar subject’ this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.