The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team help the business to deliver on its commitment to act responsibly and operate sustainably. The CSR Apprentice will support the delivery of key projects across the CSR agenda, with a focus on community. The role will help with the management of our volunteering and fundraising programmes, support on internal engagement and communications, and work with the wider CSR team on a range of other initiatives where appropriate.
From January 2022, the CSR Apprentice will be enrolled in an apprenticeship with an external provider, RHG. The candidate will spend roughly 20% of their time (one day a week) studying for the apprenticeship before gaining their qualification, typically over 24-30 months. The Apprentice will have the opportunity to apply their learnings from the course into their role within the CSR team at NHS Property Services.
- Supporting our charity partnerships including with our national charity. This would involve working with the Corporate Social Responsibility Manager on national fundraising events, planning meetings with charities, liaising with suppliers, managing office-based fundraising events and more.
- Writing the monthly CSR newsletter using stories and updates collected from colleagues, both to celebrate colleagues' achievements and to inform about our work and opportunities.
- Managing the CSR inbox, replying to queries about our programme, offering appropriate opportunities or forwarding to the relevant team to follow up.
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business to promote CSR, including presenting at team meetings and producing clear and impactful communication materials.
- Stewarding colleagues who are taking part in fundraising and volunteering, ensuring they have the materials they need and thanking them for their support following their activities.
- Tracking and logging colleague volunteering time on our platform Thrive, collating feedback following volunteering events, then using and analysing this data to make improvements to the volunteering programme.
- Liaise with our comms teams to promote CSR activities both internally through our channels and externally through our social media platforms.
- Providing insight for our impact reporting by collecting feedback and logging stakeholders on our internal CRM system, Compass.
- Supporting the wider team on other CSR activity where required.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to build develop strong working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills together with good attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Passionate and committed to supporting communities, sustainability, and societal change.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proactive, collaborative and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and ask for support where needed.
You may have a minimum of 5 GCSE's A*-C including English and Mathematics or equivalent.Future prospects
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will continue working in NHSPS' CSR team, leading on your own programmes and supporting the wider team to make positive impact on local communities.