Duties will include:
- Working with the project team to ensure all projects have a robust and flexible project management framework, including, planning, organising, staffing and controlling project activity
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all aspects of the projects are covered, such as Procurement, Planning & Technical
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and customer specifications
- Maintain regular and pro-active communication with the project team and customer.
- Attend & input in to regular meetings throughout the life of the project.
- Proactively managing the projects and stakeholders, mitigating risk to ensure all milestones are achieved on time.
- Other ad-hoc duties to support projects as requested by the department
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Commercial awareness with the ability to build strong meaningful relationships at all levels
- Confident with working with high volume of data and present in a logical manner
- Able to use and adapt to reporting platform and multiple systems
- Excellent Microsoft Skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word Natural ability to visually represent data
- Achieved/ability to achieve Security Clearance, including both Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) & Security Check (SC)
- Ability in future to achieve a formal & nationally recognised Project Management qualification, be that PRINCE2 or equivalent
- Positive attitude and strong team orientation
- Be flexible in approach to work, with a 'can-do' attitude
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as a team player
- Have excellent communication skills
- MinimumGCSE C grade (4) or above in English, maths & Science, or equivalent
Things to consider
- Route up from apprentice would be Project Co-ordinator to Project Manager and finally Project Director
- Options to progress in functions/departments outside of standard Project route too
- All Cammell Laird employees have to be able to achieve Security Check (SC) National Security Vetting Clearance Level, we support employees to achieve this by the end of their first week on site latest