Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to kickstart your career? Are you ready to challenge yourself, learn new skills and gain on the job experience? Do you have qualifications in IT and want to focus your skills in a specialised and technical environment? Then this is the opportunity for you!
As a Network Engineer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on support role based on a busy IT service desk
- Develop skills to enable the resolution of end user IT problems.
- Develop skills to respond to support calls, accurately recording support requests utilising our CRM helpdesk solution.
- Develop skills to monitor and manage customer on-premise and cloud backup and DR services.
- Develop skills to support customers with technologies including Endpoint AV, End User Technologies, Microsoft 365, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Remote Access / Remote Apps, VoIP and wireless solutions.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
The company are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Value-Added Reseller (or VAR). In reality, They are so much more.
They have a clear focus and passion for the Education sector. Since 2006, The Company has been a leading provider of IT solutions to Primary & Secondary schools, Multi-Academy Trusts, FE colleges and Universities.
At the Company they aim to work in partnership with their customers to support them to enhance teaching and learning through the use of IT.
The Company provide a broad range of IT services, including:
Building Connectivity Platforms
Delivering Productivity Tools
Administrating Fully Managed Services
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written & spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner.
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn with an impeccable attention to detail.
- You will be flexible, adaptable, honest & reliable with a can-do attitude and will possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
- You will be a self-directed, hardworking member of the team with strong organisational and time management skills who has the capacity to work under pressure
- You will have a clear and obvious interest in technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Be innovative, organised and collaborative
- Able to manage time
- Able to manage the demands of numerous tasks
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
- Diplomatic when faced with issues
- A likeable personality and the ability to build relationships
- Commitment to personal development to become an integral part of the business at the end of the apprenticeship
You will need at least a C grade in both GCSE maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You will have completed ideally a Level 3 IT apprenticeship or at least a Level 3 BTEC and/or A level in ICT or have hands-on experience in a similar role.Future prospects
After the Apprenticeship, the candidate would be considered to possibly progress into a full-time permanent role as a Support Engineer.