Are you an experienced team leader or supervisor in retail, hospitality or another customer focussed industry? Are you looking to progress further into a management role? If yes, then this might be the opportunity for you.
We are looking to recruit a trainee shop manager for our shop in York. We offer a permanent full-time (45 hours per week) position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
What does the training involve?
- Initial training period working alongside an experienced shop manager and developing your practical skills in retail management
- A period of running your shop with high support from your Area Manager
- Approximately 3-6 months into your training, you will take on full responsibility for our York shop while you will continue to develop your management skills, with the support of your area manager
- Working towards a Level 4 Retail Manager apprenticeship qualification with Babcock Training, our approved training provider
- Support with upskilling your Maths and English (if required)
- Completion of an independent end point assessment at the end of your training
- This is an 18-month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee
As one of our Apprentice Shop Managers you will:
- Be fully accountable for your shop and responsible for ensuring that customers are looked after and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop
- Motivate and guide your team to be as successful and efficient as possible
- Lead by example and get stuck in with the day to day tasks involved in running one of our busy shops
- Control key costs including payroll, shrinkage and waste
- Meet standards in relation to customer service, cash handling, health & safety, stock management, merchandising and presentation
- Take responsibility for recruitment, training and development of your team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and someone who is able to provide excellent customer service
- You must also possess some leadership skills
- Has a friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work
- Is a 'people person' who finds it easy to get on everyone and is able to build strong working relationships with the people you work with
- Is trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small teamYour team and customers will depend upon you to do your job to the best of your ability at all times
- Is organised and can remain calm in busy, high-pressured situations
- Ensure that all work set by our apprenticeship provider is completed on time
You do not have to have any qualifications to be successful in your application for this role.Future prospects
This is an 18-month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee.
There are many opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We always look to promote our team members internally, and many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops. This could be the start of a rewarding and long-term career for you.Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.