We're looking for a brilliant Senior Trainer/Assessor
Would you like to join a rapidly growing business and the UK's leading warranty and insurance provider for newly-built homes? Our brand new apprenticeship delivery team is looking for an experienced, dynamic and driven person to join them as a Senior Trainer/Assessor.
Our training business is growing fast and we are fully committed to providing quality apprenticeships to the home-building industry - delivering relevant, impactful training for the built environment on our Site Supervisor, Bricklaying and future programme offerings.
If you want to join us at an exciting time and have the opportunity to develop this role then you could be the perfect fit to join us.
Your day-to-day role
Working alongside our wider specialist training teams, you will train, guide, and support apprentices to successful End Point Assessment outcomes. You will also contribute to the ongoing development of our training content to ensure we are meeting our own high standards and our commitment to drive up construction quality in the sector.
Extensive travel may be required throughout the UK. You can expect to be away from home 2 or 3 nights a week and you will need a full driving licence.
Key elements of the Senior Trainer/Assessor role are to:
- ensure training is delivered in a time and cost-effective way, including marking and feedback on module completion for apprentice learners within SLA timeframes
- liaise with employer managers and learners to complete progress reviews and documentation, assessment visits or support sessions
- co-ordinate and manage time to ensure the delivery of apprentice training and/or assessment to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- represent NHBC training on appropriate internal/external groups
- consult with customers, outside agencies and professional bodies to ensure qualification and/or training programmes meet their qualitative requirements and ensure quality assurance procedures are effectively maintained, apprentices programme progression is managed and supported between NHBC and the employer
- maintain NHBC's accreditations, including ESFA, CITB, OFSTED, NVQ Awarding Organisations, the Association of Project Safety and other bodies as appropriate
- ensure allocated training/guidance material is kept up to date and current, including engaging with continuous personal development, working with key stakeholders and research and development of content, processes and services
- maintain Safeguarding and Prevent standards in line with OFSTED regulated tuition and assessment delivery
- assess NVQ candidates as appropriate, completing progress reviews with the employer customer and learners
- consult with customers to identify the needs for their staff and the design of suitable technical training.
The qualities and skills we're looking for
We're looking for someone with a proven track record of training/assessing within the construction and house-building industry. You'll have a recognised construction, training or assessment qualification (e.g. CIOB, CABE, BSC, RICS Cert.Ed., BILD, IOSH, CMI etc) or the ability to work towards this.
You will also need:
- extensive technical knowledge of house building and the relevant governing legislative framework
- the ability to develop and deliver training to varied audiences of different backgrounds and experience
- extensive knowledge of health and safety legislation
- knowledge and understanding of Apprenticeship Standards and qualification delivery.
Your salary and benefits
Salary and bonus: Your salary will be in the range of GBP36,380 to GBP47,194 per year dependent on experience plus a remote worker allowance. Our annual bonus scheme rewards our strongest performers with the highest bonuses and, subject to the company's performance and your own, you could earn up to 6% annual bonus.
Company car: We'll provide you with a company car (subject to you doing a minimum of 4,000 business miles a year). We're bringing on more electric cars to our fleet so you'll pay less tax and we can continue improving our environmental impact.
Pension: Our pension contributions are generous and, depending on your own level of monthly contributions, we will contribute up to 10.5% of your pensionable salary each year.
Holiday: We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an extra week per year.
Private health care: We will pay towards Aviva private medical insurance cover for you and your family worth GBP395 each year.
Maternity, paternity and adoption leave: We've equalised the leave we offer for all colleagues so, whatever your family set up, you can take the leave you need when you add to your family.
Your future with us
We offer exceptional personal development and clear career progression opportunities. If you're ambitious, driven and hard-working you will succeed with us. We'll support you with full training, ongoing CPD and the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications and professional memberships.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways to suit their personal circumstances. We can't promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working at interview stage and beyond.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities for all with an inclusive culture that helps us to maintain competitive advantage. Our people come from diverse backgrounds and support our fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.
Closing Date: Monday,1st, November, 2021