Salary – £19,000 - £24,000
We are offering a bespoke Degree Apprenticeship for you to develop a career in the house-building industry. It’s a great opportunity for those looking for an alternative to University or looking to change career direction into a Land Buying role.
Starting in February 2022, you’ll join as a Trainee Land Buyer, giving you hands-on experience from day one.
From January 2023, you’ll attend 4 x 1 week teaching blocks at Sheffield Hallam University each year, through a combination of classroom and online learning. When at the university we'll put you up in a hotel and cover your food and travel costs.
Over the course of approximately 6 ½ years, you'll achieve an industry accredited BSc (Hons) Degree in Professional Practice in Residential Real Estate.
Reporting to the Land Manager, you will coordinate the needs of the Land team, ensuring we source the best land in the right locations, enabling us to create great places to live, and provide a positive legacy.
Current vacancies are as follows:
- London, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park E15
For more information on our Divisional locations please visit http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/contact-us/divisional-offices/ or click here to Apply
To qualify you’ll need the following:
- GCSE’s (C or above, or Grade 4-9) in Maths, English and a science subject plus;
- 112 UCAS points from at least two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. For example: BBC at A Level, DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma or a combination of qualifications, which may include AS Levels, EPQ and general studies.
Other alternative qualifications such as a Level 3 Surveying Technician Apprenticeship or a combination of qualifications and work experience from an Armed Forces or other professional background are also considered.
You’ll need the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide range of people, be clear and articulate, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be an excellent problem solver, and you’ll have the potential to focus on customer expectation and commercial needs. An understanding of the level of commitment required from you to successfully manage a working role alongside furthering your education is crucial.
- Up to £24,000 salary depending on location and experience. This is negotiable for those who bring management/leadership experience from other industries; for example Armed Forces.
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Support in achieving a BSc (Hons) Degree Professional Practice in Residential Real Estate and RICS Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) – approximately 6 ½ years
- 4 x 1 week annual block teaching with Sheffield Hallam University for academic study
- Fully funded qualification
- Accommodation, breakfast and evening meals paid for when at the university
- Work towards professional membership
- 1-1 academic and business mentoring and development support
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies