Looking for a role with a progressive IT company where you will work with cutting edge technology every day? Well, Derby based, Scenariio have just the role for you. Reporting to the Technical Director, you will set up and configure network equipment, receive and action customer helpdesk queries and maintain the Innovation Centre IT equipment.
Working Week: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Annual Salary: National Minimum Wage for Age
Apprenticeship: Information Communications Technician L3
Scenariio are looking to recruit an ICT apprentice with a passion for networking and hardware.
The primary objective of the role is to setup and configure equipment for the customer, and support with the site installations once trained.
You will also provide internal IT Technical Support to your colleagues, whilst maintaining the internal network devices installed across the business and at nearby Bustler Market.
Core responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Setting up and configuring of customer network equipment such as CCTV cameras, AV equipment, and wireless links in readiness for customer site installations
- Once you have received full training, you will support at site installations, ensuring that devices are connected to the network securely.
- Manning the help desk line to ensure that customer instructions are received, tracked and dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all our Innovation Centre IT equipment is operational and working correctly
- Ensuring that our manufacturer and warranty logs are kept up to date and accurate
- Managing Scenariio stock and other project support equipment
- Assisting the team with drawings and documentation updates
- Attending sites to carry out any necessary inspections or audits as required
Full training and support will be provided by the employer and training provider.
Things to consider
- Excellent city centre location (DE1)
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology solutions on a daily basis
- It would be beneficial for the successful candidate to have a full / clean driving licence in order to travel to client sites independently
- Must be computer literate, and willing to learn new systems and processes
- Willingness to learn and develop will be key to this role, and the ability to get on well with the rest of the Scenariio team
- Good communication skills with those working around you
- Initial experience of MS office products is required, but any knowledge of Smartsheet and Dropbox/OneDrive is also an advantage
- Work independently to provide the required outcome, using excellent time management skills
- Take responsibility for moving the project forward, and be enthusiastic
- Have good attention to detail coupled with a problem solving mentality
- Work well within a team
- Be a quick learner, and practically minded
- Flexible approach with a practical ability
- Passionate about networking and hardware
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 / A*-C, including English and maths or equivalent
- Higher level qualifications in IT / Technology related subjects would be desireable but not essential
A full time role and possible progression to higher level qualifications is available for hard-working apprentices.