Our Client is a family run Hampshire-based business offering a support-focused IT service to schools. Continuously growing and developing they have successfully developed a network environment that is designed, from the ground up, for schools, the network is a super-fast, reliable and a secure system.
The role involves deployment of software and educational programs, repair and maintenance of hardware, subsequent installation of hardware, support for schools both onsite and remote.
- IT hardware knowledge is essential
- Experience of working with/building computers
- Natural affinity for technology
- A logical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Essential attributes for a successful candidate:
- A desire to impress colleagues and customers
- Using initiative to deliver impressive results
- Eagerness to learn and develop tech skills
- Flexibility, team spirit and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, confident, smart and personable
- Enthusiastic, tenacious and hard working
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Develop knowledge and career continuously building with in the team long-term.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.