About the apprenticeship
Support the Pupils by:
· Ensuring that, as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the internet
· Working with staff, parents and pupils to promote safe use of ICT equipment and sites at school and at home
· Support in the identification of software and hardware that can aid children with specific educational needs
· Maintaining Alternative Augmentative Communication devices e.g. adding vocabulary, updating system etc in collaboration with Speech and Language Therapist
Support the Teachers by:
· Preparing hall and classrooms for ICT activities as appropriate
· Delivering small group sessions using mobile devices to support digital literacy skills.
· Supporting teachers in planning and preparation and production of ICT based resources
Support the School by:
· Being aware of and following all school policies and procedures, in particular policies relating to the use of ICT equipment and sites
· Contribute to maintenance of the school web site and ensuring that information is accessible and up to date
· Working with ICT staff to support delivery of the ICT action plan linked to required investment to ensure that ICT equipment meets the needs of the curriculum
Maintenance of resources:
· Ensure mobile devices are put on charge and securely stored overnight
· Ensure that ICT equipment is put away appropriately and in working order
· Ensure the photocopiers are well stocked and in good working order
The post holder is required to carry out duties of an apprentice ICT Technician; to support with the maintenance of the school's ICT resource for safe, effective use by pupils and staff.
· Resolve basic problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc around the school
· Record support requests, outcomes and time taken in the support log
· Maintain the school mobile devices, installing apps, organise laptop trolleys etc
· Undergo any training linked to the development of ICT across the school
· To liaise with schools contracted ICT support service
· An eagerness to learn
· Reliable and good time keeping
· Good organisational skills.
· Strong communication skills.
· A background / interest in ICT devices and uses
· Basic knowledge of ICT systems
· Understand the safeguarding and behaviour policy and their role within these policies
· Smart appearance
· Professional attitude
· A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required
· Ambitious and hard working
· Desire to be a positive role model to young people
GCSE English - C
GCSE Maths - C
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
About the employer
Ysgol Clywedog Ysgol Clywedog,
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.