Generations Multi Academy Trust is made up of two schools, Goffs and Goffs-Churchgate.
Goffs is a mixed 11-18 comprehensive Academy, including a thriving and successful Sixth Form. Goffs-Churchgate is a fully mixed comprehensive school for students from 11-16 years of age. Both schools are extremely popular in the local area, and one of the school’s key strengths is its highly cohesive and supportive community where everybody knows everybody else.
Staff and students work in modern, professional environments, with both having benefitted from recent building projects including a full, £20million rebuild at Goffs. The new facilities provide light, modern, professional and a fit for purpose working environment for all.
The MAT offers extremely exciting opportunities for staff, students, and the local area and we are all very much looking forward to its growth. We are committed to a cycle of continuous improvement and aspiration and are keen to appoint a colleague who shares that vision, determination, and a restless quest for even higher outcomes. All of these factors combine to make The Generation Trust a very exciting and rewarding community to be a part of.
We are offering this great opportunity to join Generations Multi Academy Trust as an ICT Apprentice, developing key workplace skills within a collaborative and supportive ICT function. You will be working with a highly skilled team, supporting ICT across the Trust, based predominantly at Goffs Academy. The Trust will fund a Level 3 qualification, providing time and support to complete the course requirements.
Primary duties include:
- To assist the ICT Team in ensuring the smooth and efficient delivery of learning & teaching across the Trust
- To support the development of all front facing and social media platforms across the Trust
- To regularly check the ticket system and provide first and second line support
- To diagnose and repair basic faults on ICT equipment and peripheral equipment such as MFDs, interactive whiteboards, projectors etc. and ensure that these are in full working order at all times
- To support the ICT team in ensuring that ICT teaching rooms are checked for damage and missing equipment on a daily basis, and that a full log is maintained of outcomes
- To install and test software and configure machines
- To set up and maintain AV equipment for assemblies and school events, including staying for evening events as needed
- To set up and maintain user network and email accounts and remove where appropriate
- To ensure that all ICT and media equipment is fit for purpose and is regularly tested in line with Health and Safety
- Other ICT related activities as directed by the Senior ICT Technician and Director of Corporate ICT
- To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times
Required qualities, skills and experiences:
- ICT experience
- Experience of managing multiple demands
- A genuine interest in ICT and its application in supporting learning
- The ability to think outside the box and to problem solve under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Excellent time management, with the ability to prioritise and organise work effectively and efficiently
- Able to use all common ICT applications effectively and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop strong relationships with and inspire confidence in stakeholders
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to work independently
- An engaging manner, able to confidently engage with new people and build a rapport
- A strong commitment to both the Trust values and ethos, plus own professional conduct and ethics
- Commitment to support the Trust’s agenda for safeguarding and equality and diversit
- High attention to detail within all areas of work
- Deals with all stakeholders both positively and pragmatically
- A firm commitment to continuing professional development
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £201.92 per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
Benefits of the role:
- Holidays - 24 days holiday rising to 28 days after 5 years, plus bank holidays.
- Supported Nursery provision with All About Children at any of their nurseries in the Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Surrey area
- Onsite car valeting at a reduced price for Trust staff
- Access to a wide range of health and well-being resources including:
Free use of a range of sports and leisure facilities including a fully equipped gym and swimming pool.
• Occupational Health & counselling support
• Free flu jabs
• Subsidised social events
• 100% attendance reward – day in lieu, taken at each school’s discretion
• Free tea, coffee, and milk for staff
- The Trust has an extremely strong reputation for staff development both teaching and support staff
- A strong focus on outstanding professional development and promotion opportunities
- High quality personalised CPD
- Secondment and shadowing opportunities
- Work across more than one school to develop career-enhancing skills and knowledge
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.