Flying Start Business Management - BSc Hons Leading on Customer Operations
If you want to go to university but are also keen to begin your career, or perhaps you’ve had a change of heart about your chosen route, our Flying Start degree programmes offer you the chance to experience the best of both worlds.
As an apprentice on the Flying Start Business Management programme, you’ll get to work with world-class clients and be part of our highly skilled teams within Operate Northern Ireland Business whilst also studying at Ulster University, you’ll get your career off to a Flying Start before you even graduate from university.
The degree is fully-funded which means you don’t need to pay your tuition fees, and as a PwC apprentice, you’ll be paid a salary and receive benefits right from day one. So you’ll still get to experience the student lifestyle and the perks of being a student, without the student debt.
What you’ll do
Most of your week will be spent working in the business, learning on-the-job, but you’ll attend Ulster university on a day release basis. You’ll study towards a BSc Hons Leading on Customer Operations at Ulster Business School over four years, and you’ll complete a Higher Level Apprenticeship.
The duration of study towards the Flying Start Business Management degree programme is four years but your progression will continue beyond your qualification as you progress your career in business and have access to the breadth of opportunities available at PwC.
Our Operate business is an experienced team of over 2,000 people, working with clients across a number of industries and sectors; many of our clients are in Financial Services, but we also work in Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail, Pharmaceuticals and Local Government. With so much continual change, competitive, economic, regulatory and political pressures work their way into every part of business. Our clients are facing complicated operational problems, and we‘re the people our clients turn to for help to transform and deliver their complex operational challenges. Bringing together highly skilled, operational teams, we’re also continually investing across our business, including tried and tested processes and technology solutions, to make sure that we’re ready to respond to our clients’ changing needs.
We’ve got a range of teams you could find yourself working in, including Financial Crime, Customer Management or Business Operations. This could mean you’re:
- Supporting our clients counter financial crime by carrying out due diligence and helping clients comply with Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering regulations; or
- You could be supporting our clients deal with complicated claims resulting from unexpected events or crisis, or supporting them while they remediate their customers with historic mis-selling issues (like unsuitable investment advice, for example); or
- You could find yourself supporting other PwC teams implementing various client onboarding, risk and compliance processes so we’re keeping our business and our clients safe.
Regardless of your role, you’ll enjoy on-the-job training and coaching, alongside time out to study at university. You’ll have access to the same progression opportunities whether you join straight from school or as a graduate.
What you’ll need
- You’ll need to be on target for, or have achieved at least a 112 UCAS tariff (excluding General Studies) from up to three full A-Levels (or equivalent), and a Grade C or 4 or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Exams must have been taken in the same sitting and resits are accepted only where modules or papers have been retaken in the same academic year. If you have any extenuating circumstances related to your exam marks or the sequencing of your exams, please declare this on your application and this will be considered as we review your application.
When to apply
Applications for a September 2022 start date are now open.
We require you to complete the following recruitment stages by the below dates at the very latest:
- Application deadline - 26 January at 11pm
- Career Unlocked: Game Based Assessments - 6 Feb at 11pm
- Video Interview - 20th Feb at 11pm
- Virtual Career Focus Assessment Day - wc 7 March, w/c 14 March and w/c 21st March