A Level 5 is responsible for the overall running of their assigned room in a nursery, for children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
Delivering and maintaining high quality care that stimulates children and aids each child's personal development.
Supervising other playroom staff, sharing professional knowledge to improve practices, and making sure all regulatory requirements are complied with in the setting.
Build positive relationships with staff, parents and carers of the children. This ensures open communication, so everything operates smoothly and to a high standard throughout the playroom, including children's education, care, and playtime.
On a daily basis you will be expected to engage with the children through play and activities to ensure that the children are fully engaged throughout the day.
You will need to be flexible in the role and carry out all tasks and duties as requested while supporting the other staff within the setting, this can include domestic tasks such as preparing snacks and cleaning equipment.
You will be expected to maintain an excellent level of professionalism at all times and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children.
You will need to be committed to your professional learning and development while completing your studies and apply the theoretical knowledge that you learn with your training provider to your practice in the setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking care of children's safety and wellbeing
- Being responsible for children's learning, development and assessments
- Liaising with parents
- Meeting deadlines for set tasks
- Taking lead responsibility for the room
- Liaising with nursery manager
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Great communication skills with both children and adults
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective leadership skills
- A good role model for both staff and children
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Level 3 qualification in Childcare (or equivalent)
- New EYFS training
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
Possibility of gaining a full-time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.