- To take full day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the room facility.
- To help maintain staff records and assist with appraisals and supervisions.
- To provide an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
- To establish, in conjunction with the childcare SENCO, individual programmes for any children with special needs.
- To treat information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential.
- To ensure any injury or accident or suspicion of non accidental injury are recorded correctly or reported.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene in relation to staff, children, equipment and surroundings.
- To ensure Kids play policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- To ensure that the Ofsted standards including EYFS is followed at all times.
- To support the nursery manager in striving to deliver an outstanding setting.
- Assist in the recruitment process for your allocated age group. Helping students and trainees to settle in and make a contribution to the assessment of the students and trainees performance and to ensure high standards are continually being met.
- To open and close the nursery alongside deputy and nursery manager
- Any other duties that maybe required
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- We are looking for a confident current Room Leader.
- You will be motivated to hit the ground running and add value to our fun and hard working team. You will thrive in a busy environment, and always be on hand with new ideas and activities.
- You will be confident in all areas of the EYFS, and delivering planning, supporting and mentoring other staff and leading the team forward.
- You will work closely with and assist the Nursery and Deputy Manager and step up when required. You will be qualified in Childcare to a minimum of Level 3, and ideally have experience in a similar role, either as a current Room Leader or with experience of "stepping up" when required.
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- You will be confident in all areas of the EYFS and implement accordingly, and have experience in a similar role.
- You must have a relevant early years qualification, ideally level 3 or above.
Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.Things to consider
Must have GCSE C/4 or above in Maths & English