At Quantum Care, you will be working towards an Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.
As a care worker with Quantum care you will be required to contribute to the creation of a pleasant environment by undertaking a variety of care and housekeeping duties whilst promoting the dignity, privacy, and encouragement of independence of residents.
- To work under the supervision of the Care Team Manager to provide quality care by attending to residents' physical and personal needs including washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, feeding and any other personal needs.
- To listen to and always respect the individual's rights to privacy and dignity; to help everyone overcome any anxieties and to enjoy the facilities of the Home whilst retaining as much of their own independence as possible.
- To encourage contacts with friends and family, activities in the community and personal shopping.
- To help with the preparation and serving of meals and other appropriate domestic tasks as necessary, within the guidelines of the Hygiene Regulations.
- To help with basic housekeeping duties such as making beds, care of linen/laundry and clothing and tidying residents' rooms in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Home, in accordance with the guidelines on the use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- To participate in staff meetings, training and development and staff supervision.
- To comply with all standard procedures concerning the residents' health and welfare.
- To identify and meet the social, emotional, and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation of social and recreational activities.
- To contribute to the preparation and review of individual customer's care plans.
- To assist with the distribution of medication in accordance with the standard procedures, under the general supervision of the Care Team Manager.
- To undertake any other duties, depending on skills and competency, to enable the efficient running of the Home.
From November 11th, people working or volunteering in certain Care Quality Commission registered care homes in England must be vaccinated by law, unless exempt. Quantum Care require all staff to be vaccinated from Coronavirus.
Care staff work a variety of shifts including every other weekend. Your rota will also mean you will be working some Bank Holidays.