A leading distribution business, that is part of a successful GBP900 million turnover group, is looking for a logical and organised Graduate Supply Chain Management Trainee to join their team. On offer is a starting salary of up to GBP25,000 alongside excellent training, opportunities for professional development and progression in the future. Flexible working is also available in this role with options to work both from home and in the Bedford office. We're ideally looking for someone who lives in the Bedford area.
The business you'll be joining has a strong reputation in their industry and operates from several key locations across the UK. As a Graduate Trainee, your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to and working closely with the Product Supply Manager and being a part of the wider supply chain team
- Receiving full inventory control and supply chain training and being mentored by your line manager
- Learning about suppliers, including how to manage and increase performance
- Maintaining stock availability of UK sourced products to support sales demand
- Identifying and resolving any UK Supplier issues which may impact the operation and availability
- Working closely with Commercial and Marketing teams on any promotional and contractual stock to understand priorities and market-specific requests
- Looking at root cause analysis (e.g. availability, quality, slow-moving stock) and suggesting resolution of these issues through problem-solving and solution design
To be successful in this Graduate Supply Chain Management Trainee role, you should be:
- A business-minded graduate with an interest in supply chain management and stock control
- Decisive, logical and process orientated with excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
- Eager to learn and someone who is a natural planner and extremely organised
- A strong team player with high attention to detail, including the ability to spot errors and identify trends
- PC literate with good to intermediate excel skills and the ability to understand analysis carried out by other team members
Think you have what it takes? Submit your application today to find out more!