One of the fastest-growing international electric motor technology companies with offices in London, Hong Kong, China, Spain, and the Netherlands is looking for a Graduate Sales Engineer to join their team in London.
The company designs and manufactures a comprehensive range of miniature motor mechanisms for a variety of highly specialised applications, ranging from COVID fighting Medical equipment, to vibrating wristbands used in theme parks. This is a great opportunity for an engaging Graduate Engineer to join a well-established company at a key time of business growth.
As a Junior Sales Engineer you will work from their London offices, where the technical sales team is based (SW9 postcode).
The role will start with an initial 2 week induction programme and, as this is a graduate position, ongoing commercial/technical training and support will be provided.
- Interacting with existing clients and new customers - you will help maximise awareness of the company's value adding proposition and identify key representatives to assist with business development opportunities
- Manage regular communications with new and existing customers
- Handle incoming client calls and queries, both technically and commercially based
- Follow up on sales leads to win new business through calls, emails & video conferencing
- Prepare quotations and process sales orders using their bespoke back-end systems
- Prepare engaging proposals and presentations for prospective clients
- You will begin with managing smaller accounts but as you progress within the business, more significant account management opportunities will arise
- Use your commercial and technical judgement to evaluate new enquiries through conference calls - this is usually handled through an "interview" style consultative approach with prospective customers
- Interact with members of various departments to ensure that you achieve the best outcome for your account
- Assign new enquiries to relevant departments and team members
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent
- Demonstrable technical proficiency and ability to convey technical information
- Inquisitive mindset with an interest in new technologies and applications
- Proficient with the usual suite of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel etc.) - Google suite would also be beneficial
- Excellent customer service, telephone manner and relationship building skills
- An ability to speak and write technical information in English to a high standard, if you can also do this in a second European language (or Mandarin), that would be highly advantageous
- A knowledge of DC Motors and Mechanisms would be beneficial but not essential as training will be provided
- You will be expected to work autonomously to achieve the agreed goals and targets
- Good personal skills - when restrictions permit, we like to meet our customers in person
- Ambitious personality with a desire to work in technical sales capacity - this role offers fantastic growth opportunities for those that want it
Why this role?
- A competitive salary is on offer
- They have a rewarding team based commission structure
- The atmosphere is friendly and achievement oriented - they have a great team to support your progression
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Flexible working available
- High-spec offices
- A laptop and other home office equipment will be provided upon starting
- 21 days holiday incl. UK statutory holidays
- An opt-in pension scheme is available
- A unique opportunity offering personal development within a growing industry
If this sounds like an ideal job for you, then please get in touch by emailing your resume and a cover letter; they'd like to hear your story, and get to know you a bit before an interview.
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Technical Account Manager, Technical Engineering, Business Development, Mechanical Sales Engineer may also be considered for this role.