Smart Managed Solutions are at the forefront of developing and delivering innovative solutions which help businesses reduce carbon, energy, and waste. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Junior Energy consultant/Analyst to join the sustainability team to assist with developing and delivering a range of carbon, energy, and water consultancy services across our portfolio. This will include onsite assessments, optimisation studies, development of net zero roadmaps, and technology implementation support.
The ideal candidate will be data drive, a team player, and have a strong knowledge of CHP, district energy, and heating and cooling systems. This role will be a mixture of working from the London office and travelling to site (travelling allowances will be given).
At Smart, we help the worlds smartest companies maintain their facilities to the best possible standards through a customer centric experience. Over the past 10 years, we have worked in the world’s top data centres and commercial facilities providing quality engineering services.
We are one of the few facilities companies that understand people are at the core of every organisation and are the most important investment we will ever make. Even as technology advances and buildings change, it is our leadership and personal contributions of Smart individuals that ultimately set us apart from competitors.
Smart is not a faceless corporation. We are an operationally lead business focused on providing visible management and a team that believe in our core behaviours - Integrity, Passion and Empowerment - that's the smart way. We invite the successful candidate to come along on our journey and adapt the Smart Culture we have created.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the Sustainability team with delivering net zero carbon solutions,
- Identify energy savings opportunities across our portfolio, through utilising data-driven support solutions (Measure, monitor and report on plant physical performance).
- Perform data analysis and assessments to assist the sustainability team in qualifying efficiency opportunities for our clients.
- Monitoring optimisation results on an ongoing basis.
- Support the Sustainability team to further develop products by identifying improvements based on technical and market changes.
Person Specification Education
- Qualified to a minimum 2:1 degree level in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent Engineering Discipline.
- Energy and carbon reduction experience in the tertiary sector.
- Energy management and auditing including onsite deep dive assessments.
- Motivated and professional energy analyst who wishes to commit to a role which will provide both opportunities and challenges.
- Competent in data analysis using excel and other specialist software.
- Good communication and report writing skills, including proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of industrial energy usage and systems, including; boilers, steam, heat networks, hot water systems, refrigeration, HVAC, Scada / BMS, CHP, heat pumps, and other renewable energy technology.
- Knowledge of Controls, VSDs and Metering Systems would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Energy management systems (ISO50001), Electrical infrastructure & systems, Process Optimisation, Efficiency technology design & implementation.
- Knowledge of Building Management System (Trend, Tridium, Siemens, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Positive and proactive when approaching all tasks.
- UK Driving License – occasional UK travel will be required.