We have an apprenticeship opportunity to work in a Health and social Care setting as a General assistant , within the housekeeping department you will be responsible for cleaning and laundry duties and also working in the kitchen, you will be trained in the safe handling of Gosh items,infection control and all the health and safety requirements. You will uphold the standards of the company in your day to day practice.You will be working towards a level 2 in customer service whilst completing this apprenticeship.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
* Must be able to work as part of a team to cultivate a safe, homely and trusting environment.
* Must be able to communicate effectively
* Must be able to relate to the people who live at the care home.
* Must be able to work in a professional manner at all times.
* All mandatory training up to date as required
* A satisfactory DBS check.
* Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
* To perform cleaning and laundry duties.
* To undertake general kitchen and dining room duties (e.g washing up, setting up and clearing away equipment and tables).
* To ensure that the home and the environment is safe and clean.
* Participate in staff and resident meetings as and when required.
* Report incorrect use or wasting of resources to the Home Manager.
* Notify the home manager (or person in charge) as soon as possible in your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work for your next shift from all periods of absence.
* Report to the Home Manager, or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature of accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
How will the post holder know if they are performing?
A number of performance targets will be planned and agreed each year with the line manager and these will be monitored at regular meetings. Regular feedback will be provided by the line manager and opportunity provided to discuss any problems, personal and team matters and personal development issues.
The post holder will be expected to comply with the company policies and procedures at all times. These include, but are not limited to equal opportunities, confidentiality, data protection, health and safety and absence.
In order to do their job the post holder will be trained and coached in the procedures and policies of the company. They will be expected to familiarize themselves with the company procedures and policies and to seek advice and guidance from the line manager if required