Apprentice Product Engineer
We are Quality Essential Distribution (QED), an exciting CCTV and security distribution company that provides first-class products and services to the security and CCTV installation market.
We're looking for an Apprentice Product Engineer to join our team and embark on a BSC (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship. The qualification is fully paid for and you will be released one day per week (during term time) to attend university.
- Salary of GBP14,000 per annum
- Join a welcoming and team-oriented environment
- Gain a degree level qualification as well as hands-on experience all whilst being paid
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual with a genuine interest in our field of work to take on a brilliant apprenticeship and learn from our experienced team.
You'll have the chance to develop key skills and practical knowledge, gaining a BSC (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship qualification and developing valuable experience that will put you well ahead of your peers.
So, if you are eager to learn and keen to kick start an exciting career with a company which has a reputation for innovation and technical excellence, we want to hear from you!
As an Apprentice Product Engineer, you'll learn all there is to know about our products whilst gaining practical skills and knowledge which will see you develop innovative digital solutions in the future.
Blending hands-on experience with university teaching, you will learn to work with multimedia, people and electronics as well as learning basic H&S, computers, CAD and material physics.
Specifically, you will:
- Help produce short videos to demonstrate our core products
- Undertake sample testing and batch testing of products
- Present new products and technical concepts to our Sales Team
- Assist with technical support and/or demonstrations of our products to customers
- Identify and report all returns as they're received into our warehouse
To join us as an Apprentice Product Engineer, you will need:
- At a minimum, GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C/4 or equivalent such as Level 2 functional skills. This can include a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Diploma at Level 3, BTEC Diploma in Information Technology and/or Science, or an Advanced Apprenticeship in a related subject
- A commitment to undertake a Degree (paid for) in BSC (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A professional manner
- A desire to develop within QED and the industry
A driving licence would be advantageous to your application.
This is a full-time role located at our office in Preston, however, you will also be required to attend the University of Central Lancashire campus in Burnley.
Other organisations may call this role Production Engineering Apprentice, Technical Product Engineer Apprentice, Product Design Engineer Apprentice, Product Safety Engineer Apprentice, or Product Engineer Apprentice.
Webrecruit and QED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as an Apprentice Product Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency