We are looking for an apprentice to work in the in Health and Social Care.sector, to provide good quality care to the residents, in accordance with departmental procedures, guidelines and professional standards, ensuring that individual members maintain their maximum potential and independence. To uphold the standards of the company in day to day practice and to represent the company in a professional and positive manner when dealing with others.,
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
* Must be willing to work towards an Apprenticeship level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
* Must be able to work as part of a team to cultivate a safe, homely and trusting environment.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Must be able to relate to the people who live at the care home.
* Must be able to work in a professional manner at all times.
* Responsible for attending and maintaining ongoing mandatory and other training as required.
* Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
* To carry out tasks that a caring relative might normally carry out. To respond to the physical, personal, emotional, religious, cultural and spiritual needs of the resident. These will be identified following assessment of need and individual care planning carried out by the team leader in consultation with the Home Manager, family and Social Services.
* This may include personal care around continence management, bathing, household/domestic tasks, and providing general support in a sensitive and empowering way; ensuring at all times that privacy, dignity and self-esteem are respected. All which be completed under the direct supervision from Senior staff.
* To encourage communication with residents, to assist the individual retain their sense of identity, this may include reminiscence work, life history albums, reassurance techniques etc. under the direction and guidance of the Home Manager, family and other professionals.
* To use equipment and aids safely and appropriately.
* To ensure effective, clear channels of communication with other staff and professionals, and to work as part of a team with colleagues to cultivate a safe, homely and trusting environment.
* To continually strive to work in a respectful and tactful way, with regard to equal opportunities, and challenging negative attitudes to - age, disability, ethnicity, religion, gender, class and sexuality.
* To respectfully maintain professional relationships and clear boundaries with residents, visitors and staff.
* To honour confidentiality by protecting resident and staff information at all times.
* To regularly report to the Home Manager any problems, concerns, training needs and other relevant issues.
* To understand and follow policies and procedures.
* To undergo personal supervision and performance appraisals with line manager.
* To assist the line manager with monitoring and evaluation of home activities.
* Report incorrect use or wasting of resources to the Home Manager.
* Report to the Home Manager, or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature of accident incurred by a resident, colleague, self or another.
For this position candudates MUST be 18 or over