Graduate Software Engineer
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
When your groceries arrive at your door or you sign for your online parcel, one or more of our software, telematics or proof-of-purchase solutions has probably been used. Our solutions deliver value to many of the UK's leading grocery retailers and food logistics providers as well as to household names including JCB, Eddie Stobart, Carlsberg, Waitrose and Royal Mail.
Are you a recent graduate looking for a new opportunity for January 2022? Do you have a degree in Computer Science or any Numerate Subject? Passionate about starting a career that offers excellent training and mentoring, working with leading technologies?
What are we looking for?
* Passionate individuals who are excited about software development, are eager to learn and who want to forge a long-standing career with Microlise
* Predicted First or Upper Second-Class Hons Degree in: Computer Science or any Numerate Subject - with programming skills such as C#, C++, or Java with knowledge of basic OO Concepts
What's in it for you?
* Over GBP2000 worth of dedicated training
* Training in 30+ languages and frameworks including C#, .Net Core Microservices and Microsoft SQL Server
* Training in patterns, principles and best practices of software development craftmanship
* Training in best practice software development processes and techniques such as Lean, Extreme Programming and Agile
* Microsoft Certifications
* Visits to our Customer sites to experience how users are using our products
Proudly Midlands-based, Microlise has been operating for over thirty years, and in July 2021 became a Publicly Listed Company with shares trading on the London Stock Exchange. Our growing business is guided by our culture which drives the way we behave, the way we work, the way we connect with our customers, and the way we support and develop our people.
* Full support and training to ensure you are well equipped to succeed in your role
* Invested in employee health and well-being with over 20 mental health first aiders in the business
* 25 days holiday, excluding bank holidays, increasing with service
* Private medical insurance with Vitality Health including rewards for members such as: Free Amazon Prime, Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and many more!
* Employee Assistance Programmes
* Free Costco membership, 20% off EE mobile and line rental, and other local discounts
* Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
* Free Microlise Cresswell Racing Tickets, support British Superbikes
* Executive Box at Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
For successful candidates, interviews will take place whilst the advert is still live, via telephone and video conferencing; so don't delay getting your application in!
Whilst we make every effort to directly source candidates for our live roles, we do have a very small preferred supplier list on the occasion we may require additional support. We therefore do not accept speculative CVs and/or cold calls to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Managers