As the UK's fastest-growing and largest independent drinks wholesaler, LWC is an exciting place to work. Our aim is to provide the best customer service in the industry, as well as an impressive and extensive portfolio of products. Currently, LWC Drinks employ over 900 people, with 14 depots across the UK as well as a Support Centre, based in Manchester.
With over 50 pubs of our own and experience in the industry, we understand the market from both sides, as practitionists. We have developed our own Signature brands to offer our customers a portfolio of unique and market-leading products.
A great opportunity for the right candidate to join the team. The purpose of the Warehouse Operative will be to complete tasks which assist the day to day running of the Warehouse, the up keep of the warehouse, the organisation of bin bay locations and to ensure correct storage of all products.
• Weekly wage
• Working week
Between 9am -5pm, Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 37.50
• Expected duration
• Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
• Date posted
04 Oct 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
• Adhering to good practice within the warehouse
• Responsible for correctly picking orders and placing in the correct location for deliveries
• Always being aware of possible stock shortages and informing the warehouse Supervisors or the managers so that they can be ordered
• Ensure that all new stock delivered must be put away ASAP, all stock must be put away in the correct bin-bay location and match the delivery note received
• Assist in the monthly stock takes at weekends
• Assist with stock audits on a weekly basis
• Filling out the correct information on the out of date list, damaged stock list (write off sheet), and forklift and pedestrian truck records
• Ensure that you follow the correct health and safety procedures
• Wear the correct equipment for your job when on site, for example, safety boots, gloves, the correct high visibility vest
• Being able to prioritise work loads
• Flexible approach to working
• Assisting drivers as mate (2nd man) as an when required
Requirements and prospects
• Good communication skills
• Good product knowledge
• Flexi FLT licence is an advantage
• Good team work skills
GCSE A*-C/9-4 Grade (or equivalent).
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
The role is quite physical and manual handling is one of the main requirements.
LWC Drinks will fund a Bus Pass for the length of your apprenticeship
The following Apprenticeship has been listed as a Standard.
This means at the end of your Apprenticeship you will be asked to undertake an End Point Assessment (EPA)
An EPA for Warehousing can include:
• Practical test
• Short answer question scenario test
This will be discussed further upon interview.
If you wish to apply please send your cv and a covering letter with the job reference
Job reference: (phone number removed)ND