Graduate Software Engineer Java Platform - Fantastic Graduate opportunities ! Our client based in Bristol at the junction of the M5/M4 at Aztec West are a busy Global FinTech software provider to the world's top banks. They are looking for 2 x Graduate Java Associate Software Engineers , Platform (Strong object-oriented Java development skills) .
Salaries negotiable from to GBP32K depending on experience plus excellent benefits and a committed Company Career Development Framework for you .
You will work with Product Owners, Team Leaders and other Developers throughout the software development life cycle to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
• A keen interest in software design
• Strong object oriented Java development skills
• Flexible and adaptable
• An independent problem solver with excellent communication skills
• Time management.
• Enthusiasm and desire to learn
• Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
• Fluent in English
• Familiarity with Agile methodology
• RESTful web services
• Client/Server and n-tier technology
• BDD, TDD, continuous integration and deployment
• BSc (Honours) Computer Science or similar degree with a significant computing bias.
You will manage a diverse workload including multiple parallel tasks and you will prioritise your time and tasks effectively. You will be designing and developing innovative solutions for the world's leading financial institutions.
You will make progress on tasks and seeks assistance in a timely fashion from peers to enable you to achieve your end goal. You will also take responsibility for assigned features and functions, as well as seeking opportunities to further develop with guidance from team members.
• Complete product lifecycle from gathering initial requirements, design, development, testing and configuration through to deployment
• Writing and testing code in order to develop scalable and robust solutions, which meet the high performance and availability standards of global financial institutions
• Maintain existing solutions, services and in-house toolkits
• Support development of companies solutions.
• Collaborating with other developers and other departments
• Supportive holiday package - Includes 25 days annual leave rising to 28 (with length of service) Plus ability to carry over up to 10 days into the next holiday year
• Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary - Additionally, you can choose to make your contributions via Salary Sacrifice
• Group Life Assurance - Up to 9 times your annual basic salary
• Group Income Protection - Up to 75% of salary
• Private Medical Insurance - Which can include family cover
• Free onsite parking
Obviously everyone working remotely at the moment and that looks like continuing for a fair while yet into the future but further on if you can work three days a week in the office the rest can be remote . Commutable from Bristol , Cardiff, Newport, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Chippenham , Swindon , Bridgwater , Bath UK