Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years' experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Norwich Western Link (NWL), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry's most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
The Silvertown Tunnel project was awarded to the consortium Riverlinx CJV (Ferrovial Construction, BAM and SK) at end of May 2019. This complex 5-year project will construct a twin-bore road tunnel under the Thames in east London which will link Silvertown to the Greenwich Peninsula. The Silvertown Tunnel aims to prepare for London's future population growth and relieve the congestion and poor air quality around the 122-year old Blackwall tunnel. It is the UK's first road tunnel to have dedicated bus lanes, buses are all expected to be zero emission vehicles and will support the increasing demand for bus transport across Greenwich, Newham and Tower Hamlets.
The Silvertown Tunnel (STT) Project involves the construction of a twin-bore road tunnel with a Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM), providing a new connection between the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Approach on Greenwich Peninsula and the Tidal Basin Roundabout junction on the A1020 Lower Lea Crossing/ Silvertown Way.
Ferrovial Construction is looking for an Apprentice to work in the Silvertown Tunnel Procurement team. You will report to the Procurement Manager and support the supplier procurement process, assisting in purchasing goods, materials, and services whilst taking into account price, quality, and delivery for the smooth running of our operational functions.
The job role is connected to the Level 3 Procurement apprenticeship and full training will be provided.
* Ensuring purchase and hire requisitions are processed in a timely manner
* Obtaining quotations from suppliers, prepare and issue Purchase Orders
* Ensuring site delivery requirements are met, liaise with suppliers to monitor the progress of Purchase Orders, ensuring deliveries take place on time and in full.
* Providing colleagues with updates regarding critical dates.
* Resolving Invoice queries and discrepancies with our suppliers and accounts department
* Liaising with site teams and other departments in Ferrovial as required
* Updating the supplier list with relevant details, assessing price comparisons and uploading comparatives on to the procurement system INSITE
* Maintaining, scanning and filing documents on 4Projects and the Server
* Ensure company systems, procedures and processes are always adhered to
* Communicate with suppliers, site teams and other departments in Ferrovial, adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
* Taking ownership of the work assigned to you.
* Delivering on the responsibilities as set out above.
Skills and Competence:
* Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the apprenticeship programme
* Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Inquisitive mind, seeking for new improved ways of working
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Analytical and critical thinker
* Excellent record keeping
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills verbal and written
* Administration experience desirable but not essential
* Proactive approach to working and learning
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Aspiring to grow within the Ferrovial Apprenticeship programme by progressing on to higher levels
* Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across Ferrovial
* Ability to influence and challenge when necessary
* Ability to actively listen and understand our procurement needs
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English
A Levels or BTEC Level 3
Level 3 Procurement and Supply Assistant
The accreditation attached with this apprenticeship is CIPS.
Duration: 2-year Apprenticeship Programme
Salary: GBP18,000 per annum
Hours: 40.5 per week
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply