Role: Support Software Engineer / Graduate / Junior Software Developer
Location: Remote, offices in North East
Salary: c GBP22,000 - GBP28,000 + Gym + Bonus + Benefits
A superb, well known global leader are now seeking to strengthen their development team. They have around 40 in the function, split between Developers, Testers and Agile Delivery Lead's.
They are looking to recruit their next generation of Software Engineer, someone who's inquisitive, someone who's passionate about a long-term career in technology that wants to learn for fellow Software Developers that are highly experienced.
Starting initially as a support for the Software Engineering team to learn the business and work closely with other Senior Developers the role will naturally progress into a back-end Software development role. Someone with previous IT support experience would be advantageous.
The role will work across a mix of languages, including Ruby, Python, PHP, .Net and also front-end technologies
Role includes -
- Working with other Software Engineers to upskill in relevant technologies
- Supporting Senior / Principle Developers in coding best practice
- Supporting tickets on Software Development changes
- Working with databases, software methodologies and various design patterns
- Helping with the Software Engineering support desk
Skills / Experience Required -
- You must have any of the following to be considered -
o An IT degree and a passion for Software Engineering
o Having completed an IT apprenticeship or something similar
o Or 1 years' experience working with a support/development role
Role can operate remotely, but have offices in the North East, Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, York, Leeds, Stockton, Darlington.