The sales assistant will be responsible for increasing sales by maximising every customer opportunity. To consistently offer the very best personal service to each and every customer and to increase customer loyalty through world class service and data capture. The following sets out some of the key responsibilities of a Sales Assistant, but some other ad hoc duties may also be involved.
- Approach and engage every customer with warmth and sincerity.
- Understand our customer's needs to assist with their purchases using specialist product knowledge.
- Build long term relationships with customers.
- Maximise sales and service at the fitting rooms.
- Process deliveries and transfers quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure merchandise is properly handled, labelled, and priced to minimise losses and damage.
- Ensure stockroom is always neat and tidy.
- Adhere to Company administration procedures and practices (including EPOS and till procedures).
- Work with team members to meet company goals.
- Support colleagues within and across departments.
- Maintain high energy on the sales floor to achieve a pleasant store atmosphere.
- Introduce customers to all multi-channel services.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities to grow.
- Convey the Unique Selling Points for our products to our customers.
- Use product knowledge and selling skills to increase transaction value.
- Ensure adherence to company health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure retail visual guidelines and standards are maintained on the shop floor and window
Please note that due to business requirements, the position may be based at one of the local sites nearby.
At Charles Tyrwhitt you will be working towards a Retailer Apprenticeship Level 2 standard over the course of 15 months.