Established in 2001 by industry experts, i-dash is a Microsoft Gold accredited IT, Telephony and Software Development Company based in St Neots, Cambridgeshire. Specialists in Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and cloud hosting, i-dash provide complete IT services for all sizes of organisations, throughout the UK.
Overall purpose of the job:
The Apprentice will assist with providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support and the installation, maintenance and administration of computer equipment and associated software, telecoms and audio-visual systems for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot desktop and server problems reported by customers and\or monitoring systems.
- Desktop\Laptop\Server support.
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Windows Server and Windows 10.
- Networking (LAN\WAN\WLAN\VLAN).
- Firewalls, Access Points, and network switches.
- Various customer related software (Sage, QuickBooks, etc.).
- Provide solutions to incident and problems (and escalating internally to senior engineers when needed).
- Contribute to internal policies, procedures, and processes.
- Prioritising and managing several open support requests at once.
- Keeping accurate records and documentation up to date when required.
- Detailing notes and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Provide resolution to customer issues and requirements via telephone, email, and remote access.
- Managing their own allocated tasks via the company ticketing system
- Manage their own time and priorities
- Work to agreed SLAs
The requirements listed below are considered to either be essential to successfully undertake the duties and responsibilities of the post or are considered highly desirable.
Desired experience, skills and qualities:
- Good customer service skills
- Passion and understanding of the IT and Technology landscape
- Fast learner with the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
- Good communication and people skills
- Good time management
- Proven ability to work under pressure
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, there is an opportunity to become a full-time employee of i-Dash.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.